Are you a Pakistani student dreaming of pursuing higher education in Italy? It’s an exciting prospect, but understanding the visa requirements is a crucial step in this journey. The type of study visa you need depends on the duration of your program. Unlike EU students, non-EU/Pakistani students must obtain a study visa to study in Italy. This application should be submitted to the nearest Italian consulate or embassy in your home country, along with the necessary fee.
Types of Italy Study Visa
- C Type Visa: For study programs not exceeding 90 days.
- D Type Visa: For study programs exceeding 90 days.
Italy Study Visa Fee in Pakistan (2023)
- D-Type Visa: 8,650 PKR
- C-Type Visa: 13,830 PKR
Italian Student Visa Application Process
- Book an appointment.
- Visit the official site to obtain a visa application form.
- Choose your visa type.
- Complete the required documents according to your student visa type.
- Ensure all documents are complete, as the embassy does not accept incomplete applications.
- Visit the visa application center of the Italian embassy with the application form and all required documents.
Pro Tip: Seek guidance from professional study abroad consultants to ensure your documents are in order, avoiding delays or visa cancellations.
Note: Arrange your documents at least 30 days before your planned travel to Italy to avoid delays or visa rejection.
Documents Required for Italy Study Visa
- Duly filled, signed, and dated application form.
- Two recent passport-sized colored photographs with a white background, both labeled with your full name.
- Passport valid for 18 months from the visa application date (machine-readable passports only).
- Acceptance letter from the Italian educational institution, attached with the visa application fee.
- Educational transcripts.
- Receipts of tuition fees (if required).
- Valid IELTS test scores along with a photocopy.
- Family registration certificate issued by NADRA, along with one copy.
- Proof of boarding in Italy.
- Flight booking for a stay of 90 days or more, according to visa type.
- Travel medical insurance, minimum €30,000 for one year D-Type and 15 days C-Type visa, along with a photocopy.
Applicant’s Economic Status Documents Required for Italian Study Visa
- Affidavit by the sponsor for financial support proof.
- Recent bank statement of 900 euros.
- Health care insurance of 150 euros.
- Proof of relationship with the sponsor.
- Tax returns details (for the last 2 years).
- Proof of sponsor’s income resources.
Waiting Time to Get Italian Study Visa:
The entire application procedure can take anywhere between 1 and 28 days after your interview.
FAQs for Italy Study Visa from Pakistan
1- Requirements for an Italian study visa for Pakistanis:
- Valid passport
- Proof of enrollment in an Italian educational institution
- Proof of financial support during stay in Italy
- Proof of health insurance coverage
- A recent passport-sized photo
2- Processing time for Italian study visa application from Pakistan:
Typically takes around 15-30 working days, though processing times may vary.
3- Can I work while studying in Italy with a study visa?
Yes, you may work part-time, up to a maximum of 20 hours per week.
4- How much does it cost to study in Italy from Pakistan?
The cost varies based on factors like university, location, and course. On average, tuition fees range from €900 to €4,000 per year for undergraduates, and higher for postgraduates. Budget for accommodation, daily expenses, and travel.
5- How much does a study visa cost in Italy?
For D-Type visas (programs exceeding 90 days), the fee is 8,650 PKR. For C-Type visas (programs not exceeding 90 days), it’s 13,830 PKR.
6- How much bank balance is required for Italy student visa?
A bank statement showing a balance of at least 900 euros is required.
Is IELTS required for Italy student visa in 2023?
Yes, a valid IELTS score is necessary for a successful visa application.
Remember, these requirements and costs are current as of 2023, and it’s crucial to stay updated with any changes made by Italian authorities or educational institutions. Planning ahead and meeting these prerequisites will pave the way for a smooth and successful study abroad experience in Italy.
For expert guidance and assistance in your study abroad journey, consider reaching out to WSL Consultants Pvt. Ltd. You can contact them at [email protected].