Study in Australia
Australia is a beautiful country and the biggest island in the world. With respect to area, it is the 6th biggest country in the world. Australia is a continent governed by a single nation Australia. Australia is a very friendly nation that accepts every foreigner open heartily. Therefore, lots of people migrate and permanently settle over here. Almost 47% of Australians are born in some other countries or one of their parents migrated from any other country. That’s why it is a multi-cultural and multi-lingual country.
Australia is present between the South Pacific Ocean and the Indian Ocean. It is also a large island in Oceania. It consists of about 8222 small and large continents. Most of the islands of Australia are uninhabited and the most famous and largest island of Australia is Tasmania. Most of the Western side of Australia is deserted. The capital of Australia is Canberra which is the most advanced city in the world. Other famous and larger cities of Australia are Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, and Brisbane. These cities are the financial hub of Australia.
Why Study in Australia
Languages are spoken in Australia
About 260 languages are spoken in Australia. But English is the major language of Australia which is spoken by almost 81% nation of Australia.
According to the census of 20 January 2019, the total population of Australia is 24,947,100 which is not much as compared to its area.
The education system of Australia
The higher education system is one of the best education systems in the entire world. About half a million international students including Pakistani students are currently studying in Australia. Due to this reason, Australia ranks 3rd most famous destination for international students throughout the world after the United Kingdom and the United States. There are about 11000 educational institutions in Australia which include 43 accredited universities. Out of which almost seven universities included in the top 100 universities of the world. All the Australian institutions offer over 22000 study courses to all European and non-European international students.
Courses and Study Programs
The main study programs offered by the higher education system of Australia are given below;
- 📌 Vocational Education and Training courses
- 📌 Undergraduate degree programs
- 📌 Postgraduate degree programs
- 📌 Doctoral degree programs
Tertiary education is also a part of the Australian education system. In Australia, students can take two bachelor’s degree programs collectively called combined bachelor’s degree programs. Mostly combined degree programs are offered in commerce, arts, law, and science subjects.
Undergraduate Degree Programs
The total duration of a bachelor’s degree program is 4 years with 8 semesters. Most Australian universities start bachelor’s degree programs in March every year. Following documents are required for admission in bachelor’s degree program;
- 📌 Secondary school certificate or intermediate certificate
- 📌 Completely and correctly filled application form
- 📌 High school transcript
- 📌 English language proficiency certificate, like TOEFL, IELTS and CAE etc.
- 📌 The candidate’s grade should be equal or above the university requirement.
Admission Requirement for Postgraduate Programs in Australia
Master’s degree program consists of 1 or 2 years with 2 or 4 semesters. The main admission requirements for postgraduate degree programs are following:
- 📌 All the transcripts issued by previous education institutions.
- 📌 Application form completely and correctly filled by the candidate.
- 📌 English language proficiency certificate, like TOEFL, IELTS or CAE etc.
- 📌 CGPA of bachelor’s degree should be equal or above the university requirement.
Admission Requirement for Doctoral Degree Programs
The higher education institutions of Australia offer PhD or Doctoral Degree in many study fields. The total duration of the program consists of 3 years with 6 semesters. The main admission requirements are following:
- 📌 All educational transcripts issued by previous education institutions.
- 📌 Postgraduate degree with good CGPA.
- 📌 Completely and correctly filled application form.
- 📌 English proficiency certificate like, TOEFL, IELTS or CAE etc.
- 📌 Admission test if required by the university.
- 📌 CGPA in postgraduate degree should be equal or above the university merit.
- 📌 Good research work in relevant field.
Tuition Fees of higher education
The tuition fees of the higher education institutions of Australia vary from university to university. The tuition fees also vary from course to course.
- 📌 The tuition fees of English language studies are charged 300 dollars per week.
- 📌 The tuition fees for vocational education and training programs may be charged from $ 4000 to $ 22000.
- 📌 The tuition fees for the undergraduate degree programs can be charged from $ 15000 to $ 33000.
- 📌 The tuition fees for the postgraduate degree program can be charged from $ 20000 to $ 37000.
- 📌 The tuition fees for the doctoral or postgraduate degree programs can be charged from $ 14000 to $ 37000.
- 📌 The tuition fees for different fields like medicine, dentistry, medical and veterinary can be charged more.
Scholarships in Australia for Pakistani Students
The Australian government spends a lot of money on scholarships and grants every year for international and Pakistani students. All of the scholarships are granted for academic studies as well as for research. The scholarships which are research-based are granted to some specific research fields. These scholarships are given on a merit basis to intelligent students with an excellent academic record.
- 📌 Australian Award
- 📌 International postgraduate research scholarship
- 📌 Australian APEC women in a research fellowship
These are the main scholarships that are granted in Australia. If you are an intelligent student with an excellent academic record and want to achieve your next degree from Australia, then you must apply for the scholarship now. So you can get studied from Australia with minimum or no tuition fee with the help of a scholarship or study grant.
Visa Requirements for Pakistani Students
It is a must for Pakistani students to apply for a study visa to enter in Australia. It is not difficult for Pakistani students to get a study visa of Australia. The main purpose of this act is to promote the high education of Australia in European and non-European international and Pakistani students. Following documents are required by the Australian embassy from students;
- 📌 Correctly filled online visa application.
- 📌 2 Passport size photographs.
- 📌 Fee payment receipt.
- 📌 Health insurance certificate.
- 📌 Bank statement.
It takes 4 weeks to process your visa application and documents to get a study visa for Australia.
Cost of living and Accommodation in Australia
Generally, a student needs 19830 Australian Dollars to live in Australia including accommodation.