Applications are invited for Rotary Yoneyama Scholarships available for international students to undertake studies at Japanese university or graduate school in Japan. International applicants can apply.
The Foundation awards scholarships to overseas students who aspire to study or conduct research in Japanese universities or graduate schools. Its scholarship fund is supported by the contributions of Rotarians throughout Japan.
The Foundation is Japan’s largest private scholarship organization, both in terms of program scale and number of scholarships awarded.
There are several conditions requiring Japanese language ability depend on the Rotary District where applicants’ targeted the university / graduate school is located. In either case, after arriving Japan, scholars are expected to make an effort to communicate in Japanese so as to better create and strengthen friendship ties with Japanese Rotarians.
Applications are welcomed for Rotary Yoneyama Scholarships accessible for worldwide students to embrace learns at Japanese college or master’s level college in Japan. Universal candidates can apply.
The Foundation grants to abroad students who seek to study or direct research in Japanese colleges or master’s level college. Its grant reserve is upheld by the commitments of Rotarians all through Japan.
The Foundation is Japan’s biggest private grant association, both as far as program scale and number of grants granted.
There are a few conditions requiring Japanese language capacity rely on upon the Rotary District where candidates’ focused on the college/graduate school is found. In either case, subsequent to arriving Japan, researchers are relied upon to try to convey in Japanese in order to better make and fortify fellowship ties with Japanese Rotarians.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate, master and PhD degree programs at Japanese University or Graduate School.
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are awarded in all disciplines.
For April enrolment: Scholarship payment begins in April 2017 or For fall enrollment: Scholarship payment begins in October (or September) 2017
Undergraduates 100,000 yen per month
Master’s students 140,000 yen per month
Doctoral students 140,000 yen per month
*Research students are not eligible.
Only for the first year of the scholarship, a supplemental of 400,000 yen is provided after arrival in Japan and attending an orientation. Yoneyama scholars are to arrive in Japan prior to the month of their admission. Irrespective of the reason, if they do not arrive in Japan by the month that their scholarship will begin to be paid, they will lose their eligibility.
*The application guideline is judged based on the one written in Japanese.
Rotary Yoneyama Scholarships can be taken in Japan
Eligibility: Overseas students meeting all of the following requirements are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Citizenship & Place of Residence Not be a citizen of Japan nor be residing in Japan.
- Letter of Success or Permission for Pre-arrival Admission in Japanese University or Graduate School Have either obtained or be in the process of applying for pre-arrival admission approval or letter of success from the university or graduate school (under MEXT jurisdiction) to which you wish to enter as a degree student, and be scheduled for April 2017 or October (September) 2017 enrollment. If the applicants come to Japan to have the entrance examination (e.g., to take a written exam or interview), they must return to their residing country to apply for the scholarship. Those who enroll in undergraduates must submit a copy of admission, and those who enroll in graduate schools must submit a letter of recommendation from his/her supervisor / professor in Japanese graduate schools of their choice. If not submitted, their application will be rejected
- Scholastic and Health Requirements- Have an enthusiasm for study and clear-cut future goals, an awareness of and respect for cultural differences, and ability to express oneself fluently and to communicate smoothly, and both the mental and physical health needed to sustain one’s life as an overseas exchange student.
- Japanese Language Ability: As the page 6-7 shows, there are several conditions requiring Japanese language ability depend on the Rotary District where applicants’ targeted the university / graduate school is located. In either case, after arriving Japan, scholars are expected to make an effort to communicate in Japanese so as to better create and strengthen friendship ties with Japanese Rotarians.
Nationality: International students (Non Japanese) are eligible for these Rotary Yoneyama Scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement Rotary Yoneyama Scholarships:
- Persons who already hold a bachelor’s degree are not eligible for an undergraduate scholarship.
- Persons who already hold a master’s degree are not eligible for a master’s scholarship.
- Persons who already hold a doctoral degree are not eligible for a doctoral scholarship.
Test Requirement Rotary Yoneyama Scholarships:
English Language Requirements: There are several conditions requiring Japanese language ability depend on the Rotary District where applicants’ targeted the university / graduate school is located. In either case, after arriving Japan, scholars are expected to make an effort to communicate in Japanese so as to better create and strengthen friendship ties with Japanese Rotarians.
How to Apply: The application and documents should be prepared in PDF format. After filling out the form, please save the file with your own name and the documents name like as follows. (example: applicant’s name Margaret King)
- The copy of the application for admission for the university/graduate school you are applying
- Research plan (prescribed form)
- Composition (purpose for studying in Japan)
- Letter of recommendation
- Copy of Letter of Acceptance
- Document certifying Japanese language proficiency
The Documents (5) and (6) can be sent to us directly from the university or schools you are applying by the deadline. Those who apply for Undergraduate don’t need to submit (3). Those who haven’t taken the Japanese Language Proficiency Test don’t need to submit (7).
Application Deadline: Application must arrive by December 15, 2016 1:00P.M. Japan time for both April and fall (September/October) 2017 Enrolment.