Located in Wuhan, Huazhong Agricultural University (HZAU) is a national key university. HZAU enjoys a history of 120 years, tracing back to Hubei Farming School founded in 1898 by Zhang Zhidong, the governor of Hubei and Hunan provinces at the time. HZAU consists of 18 colleges and departments, with more than 2600 faculty and staff, and over 26,000 of enrollment.
Value of the scholarship:
- Tuition waiver
- Accommodation: Free university dormitory
HZAU will provide each Doctoral student in a single room while providing a twin room shared by two Master’s students.
Master’s students: 2,100 RMB/month;
Doctoral students: 2,500 RMB/month.
Within the scholarship duration, registered scholarship students will receive a stipend from HZAU each month.
- Comprehensive medical insurance.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 45.
Language Proficiency Criteria:
- Chinese Medium Program: Applicants should submit a score report of a recognized Chinese Proficiency Test. HSK level 5 or above (Note: HSK refers to Chinese Proficiency Test. You can find information on the website: www.chinesetest.cn) is required. If the applicant has no elementary Chinese study experience, he or she can pass HSK level 5 by attending Chinese Language Program for one academic year before the start of Academic study.
- English Medium Program: It is better if applicants can submit a score report of a recognized English Proficiency Test such as TOEFL (IBT 80), IELTS 6.0 or higher; or other official English test recognized by HZAU. Failing to demonstrate one’s English proficiency may adversely affect one's candidacy for acceptance.
Required Documents and How to Apply:
For Online Application Please visit the website: studyin.hzau.edu.cn and apply online.
- The application form printed from Application System: hzau.edu.cn.
- Highest diploma or degree certificate; or an official Certificate of expected graduation for the ones still on campus.
- Official Transcripts.
- Two recommendation letters by professors/associate professors of correlated disciplines Download.
- Study Plan.
- Duplication of the Passport.
- Physical examination record
- Other auxiliary supporting materials (such as award certificates, academic papers published, English or Chinese Language Proficiency certificate, special skill certificate like dancing, sports, etc.)
- An Acceptance Letter from a professor of HZAU Download.